Are you passionate about Data and have a 5+ years’ fulltime experience helping customers with their data challenges? If you have also acquired hands-on experience with AWS along the way, then this could be the perfect role for you!
We are a customer-obsessed, “one stop shop” for all things data-related. We are deliberately narrow in our focus areas but we go deep in each of them. We provide solutions, services and training in the data strategy, data governance, data security, data management, data classification, data wrangling, data lake, data analytics, data visualisation, artificial intelligence, machine learning and IoT areas. Our solutions and services help transform customer organisations by teaching them how to turn their data into insight!
We build on AWS, using the latest AWS services, best practices and reference architectures. We deliberately focus on large public sector customers that are data-heavy but insight-light – federal & state government departments, universities, public sector agencies, public health organisations, and public utilities.
We are an AWS Advanced Consulting Partner and an AWS Public Sector Partner, working towards our Data & Analytics and Government competencies. We are also a registered technology supplier to the Federal, New South Wales, Victorian and Western Australian governments and we have a Master Services Agreement in place with AWS Professional Services.
As a Data Analyst, you will play a key role in working with customers to understand their business requirements, map these to their data capabilities, liaise with our internal Data Engineers to design and build elegant solutions, then partner with our customers to deploy those solutions in a way that allows them to turn data into insight. You will have 4-6 years’ experience working as a Data Analyst (or similar role) on data-related solutions, preferably using AWS, and will be comfortable working with business analysts, data visualisers, data engineers and data scientists, to enable customers to solve their data-related challenges.
You will relish the opportunity to innovate, evolve and challenge existing assumptions and to develop the data-related requirements that feed into the design of solutions that solve real-world problems for customers. Your experience with large-scale data challenges and ability to analyse them as input into reliable, scalable cloud-based solutions, will see you thriving in this role!
- Enjoy honing your data-related analysis skills and developing new ones, so you can make strong contributions to solution discussions.
- Regularly take part in further education and training to help you hone and extend your data analysis skills.
- Have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about solutions to business, product, and technical challenges.
- Possess an innate awareness of technology trends and how they impact the way businesses consume IT.
- Strong Analytics skills to collect, analyse and generate insight using data.
- Have a good understanding of IT security and governance including security standards, access policies, and data classification schema.
- Love what you do and instinctively know how to make work fun
- Be dynamic, creative, and willing to take on challenges that have the potential to make a big impact.
- Relish a ground floor opportunity to work in a small, agile, friendly startup environment.
- A Graduate degree (or Masters) in a data or technology-related discipline is preferred.
- An AWS Associate Solutions Architect certification is a bonus.
- 4+ years of:
- Hands on, practical experience, in and around data-related solutions
- AWS experience
- A good understanding of software development tools and methodologies
- Strong data analysis experience
- Experience producing quality documentation and written communications
- Solid background in DevOps tools such as Bitbucket, Bamboo, Jenkins or Ansible
- Solid experience with both writing and interpreting SQL queries.
- Experience building reports and dashboards using BI tools such as Tableau, PowerBI or Amazon QuickSight.
- Understanding of Infrastructure as Code, especially AWS Cloudformation.
- Programming skills in one or more of the following languages: Python, Java, Node.js, .Net, PHP.
- Understanding of data ingestion and transformation pipelines.
- Understanding of data concepts including databases, data schema, data classification, data security, data governance, data analysis, data transformation, data engineering and data science.
- Understanding of networking concepts.
Join our team
- We’re passionate about the technical community we are a part of, and believe in contributing to open source and AWS initiatives
- We care about climate change and are always looking at ways to reduce our carbon footprint
- We support and contribute to a different cause each quarter
- We’re committed to developing your career with customised individual growth and development plans
- We’re committed to ensuring all our staff feel welcome, included and respected every day they work for The Data Foundry
Can’t pass up this awesome opportunity?
Send your CV to email@example.com